Sunday, October 17, 2010

Khaleefa

Sunday October 17/10 Hannah S.
R8A
4
Specific things that you enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation.
1. I enjoyed how he was open with us and just talked about his life because it made it really relaxing and chill.
2. I really liked how he compared the difference between poetry and rap and the process of writing both of them.
3. He did a great job at answering everyone's questions thoroughly and to the best of his ability.
4. I really liked the "Don't Look" poem that he wrote, especially the stanza about the girl with the eating disorder because I recently wrote a similar rap! I also like how he compared the boy and girl to a moth and butterfly because it made me have a new appreciation for them.

3 Things that Khaleefa did or spoke about that you can use to help inspire and develop your own poetry.

1. He mentioned that syllables are really important when you write an rap and to pay attention to how many are in a line. I started doing that and my raps and poems are really getting better!
2. I liked when he said that he doesn't use a thesaurus when he writes because neither do I, I always found it better to just use your own words. I do, however use a dictionary and Google to find the meaning of words like he does.
3. I want to start showing my writing to more people and stop being as secretive because he said that it's just better to put it out there, and that's the best way to get better.

2
Questions you have for Khaleefa.
1. If you were not writing what do you think you'd be doing as a career?
2. What advice do you have for writers that are scared or embarrassed to show their work to others?
1 A one sentence summary of why Khaleefa is a good role model for youth.
1. Khaleefa is a good role model for others because he's just one of many examples of people who followed their dream and succeeded, he's an inspiration to many budding writers and artist in general. He is definitely a role model to me!

By: Hannah Z. S.


No comments:

Post a Comment