Monday, October 18, 2010

Island Man

Island Man



Here are the 10 most important words (In my opinion):

Morning

an island man wakes up

to the sound of blue surf

in his head

the steady breaking and wombing

wild seabirds

and fishermen pushing out to sea

the sun surfacing defiantly

from the east

of his small emerald island

.

He always comes back

groggily groggily

comes back to sands

of a grey metallic soar

to a surge of wheels

to dull North Circular roar

muffling muffling

his crumpled pillow waves

island man heaves himself

another London day

I would most like to wake up in a modern decor loft apartment in Manhatten. New York is by far my favourtie city, I love the people, the food, the fashion, the broadway! I wouldn't want to live in New York--big city crime stuff kind of freaks me out--but waking up their and being able to visit the city for a little while would be brill. I would also want to wake up in New York City so I could visit my relatives who live there (they are SO lucky!)

So that's my Island Man post, I hope you enjoyed it!

ps. My computer wasn't really cooperating with the embedding of photo's so I had to put them at the top and it was only embedding certain picture's so I had to put up different one's than I planned to. Oh well, things happen. Toodles Bloggers!





No comments:

Post a Comment