Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finished draft of my Poems

You open up your drawer to make yourself bleed
And then hide it under wristbands so no one can see
You show a cut here and there just to show that you're scared
But people think it's just a papercut, they think it's just an accident
But you know that it's your fears that you can't show through simple tears
Ya, Your caught underwater and you're struggling to breathe
But you just keep sinking deeper and deeper into your blood
But what's blood and what's tears, just ways to cover up your fears?
You're just one big mess trying to hide under your dress
Or better yet your fears, that trigger the tears

A child takes their life almost every day
Open up their facebook page to see "I hate you 'cause your gay"
Hey kid your life is worth it, just see the light through the tunnel
It's okay to make a puddle when your eyes become rainclouds
Because the puddles will dry, don't be ashamed when you cry
Just know you're hurting more than yourself when you die
Your life is yours, you owe nothing to no one
Just be yourself and your haters wont mind
It's gonna hurt when you fall from Heaven, becuase death can wait
No one lives forever but life can be great
Live, love, laugh may not always be true
But it sure as hell is better than cry, hate, die
I like the sound of his voice but I'm afraid I don't agree
The good shouldn't die young
They should make history
Don’t let your life be a mystery
Take a step out of the darkness
Just because some people are heartless
Doesn’t mean that you should be in fright
Take a step into the light
And know that it gets better

7 comments:

  1. I just realized that I never posted my finished draft of my poem; so here it is. I hope you enjoy reading it but also realize the pain and unfairness that was put into writing it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching poem Hannah! It's awesome.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!
    its reallly good, like ra said : VERY touching :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao yu guys are funny:)
    aha and yeah its grrrrreat hannah yur really good at makng poems this is very nice and detailed :)

    ReplyDelete