Sunday, December 5, 2010

Assignment #10 Mystery History Maker


My Mystery History match was David McTaggart.

1. Were you able to identify your history maker using the clues provided?
Yes, I was. David McTaggart protested against abuse of the Antarctic and the whaling industry. He also dropped out of High School to pursue activism because that's what he believed in. (I don't plan on dropping out but | think it's cool that he stood up for his beliefs.)

2. What do you have in common with this person?
His birthday is only 2 weeks before mine. He started greenpeace and I'm also an environmentalist. We are both Canadian. He retired to live on an olive farm and olives are my favourite food.

3. Why is this person historically significant in Canada?
David McTaggart is historically significant to Canada because he was a Canadian environmentalist who played a key role in Greenpeace Inernational.

No comments:

Post a Comment