Friday, November 26, 2010

Asignment #12: AWESOME

This is a response to Assignment #12: Awesome.

Before I get into my post I'd just like to say, Miss Pollock, this is AWESOME! I think this is my favourite assignment so far.

I know this is a bit late so that's why I'm using my PD day to catch up on any homework that is overdue as well as homework due on Monday.

Part 1- Awesome things from 1000 Awesome things
#365- Getting dressed out of the dryer/ laundry basket
I can really relate to this becuase up untill recently I had all of my clothes (or at least the ones that I actually wear) in a duffle bag. I used to just get dressed right out of the duffle bag and at the end of the day throw my dirty clothes on my floor. On Friday I would take all the clothes off my floor and do a load of laundry. After that I put all my clean clothes back in the duffle bag and bring them to whatever house I was going to that Friday (becuase I live one week with my Dad and the next week with my Mom). Then the whole cycle would begin again that week. Last week my parents introduced this magical thing to me, it's called...HANGING UP YOUR CLOTHES! So no more awesome getting dressed out of a bag or me.

#401- The sound of dry leaves blowing across a parking lot
Okay, so I'm going to change this one a little bit to, stepping on crunchy looking leaves. In October (before I moved) I walked home after school, it took about half an hour and I just had to walk straight the entire way. You'd imagine that I would get pretty bored walking for half an hour with nobody to keep me company (I live further than most people from school). One day I decided to challenge myself and I didn't let myself take a step without stepping on a leaf. I pretended that every leaf I stepped on saved a life and every step I took that wasn't on a leaf didn't save a life. I know it probably sounds stupid but it was actually really fun and surprisingly I suceeded! I guess that's proof that there are a lot of leaves. Another time when I was walking home I thought that the guy behind me was following me so I wanted to walk relly quickly. I sang a rap in my head (I believe it was Mockingbird by Eminem) and took 1 step per syllable but singing it at it's regular fast speed. It was pretty cool how fast it forced me to walk and I got home a lot earlier than usual.

#414 Driving home from a long trip and getting all your radio stations back
I can relate to this and I still joke about it with my family. In the summer of 2009 (when I was 11/12) my Mom, sister and I went on a roadtrip across Canada and the northern States. We drove the entire way and in the small towns that we drove through there was usually only one radio station with a mix of songs and genres so this is kind of how it went:

(Classic Rock song comes on) Mom: Yes! Finnaly Some good music.
Me: Yawn...
(Lady Gaga song comes on) Sarah and Me: Oh, I love this song!
Mom: There's so much crap on the radio now and days.
(Some rap song comes on) Sarah and Mom: Eww, turn it off!
Me: Hey, I like this beat!

The worst of it was in Montana and Wyoming when there was nothing but 24/7 country music on the radio and in restaurants. We stopped at Pizza Hut and there was this super twangy country song that went something like, "She's a fire Cracker!"
We were so relieved to get back into Ottawa and have all our good radio stations back!

I was inspired by this assignment and decided to make my own list of awesome things, I'm no where near 1000 and I lost a page of awesome things but here's my list of the simple but awesome things in life:

1. Reaching into a bag of M&M's and pulling out more than one stuck together
2. Closing the dishwasher with your foot
3. Cooking a meal and having everything times to be done at the same time
4. Pulling a push door/pushing a pull door
5. Turing the TV/radio on just as your favourite show/song comes on
6. Finding out the name of that song you kept hearing
7. Pinching yourself and then realizing you're NOT dreaming
8. Walking into a store and finding exactly what you were looking for
9. Sitting in your warm house with hot chocolate watching the snow outside
10. Laughing so hard you cry
11. Crying so hard you laugh
12. Correcting your teacher
13. When the google logo changes because it's a holiday
14. Watching a movie on TV that you own and wouldn't normally be watching
15. Wearing something two days in a row without washing it
16. Telling secrets to random people but not telling your best friends
17. When your friend says word and you know exactly what their talking about and burst out laughing
18. Singing out loud in public places
19. Pretending you're the girl kissing the hot guy in the movie
20. Cuddling with your pillow or a big stuffed animal
21. The snooze button
22. Someones face just before they sneeze
23. Writing a row of !'s and getting a 1 at the end!!!!!!!!!!1
24. The crackling sound that rice krispies make when you pour milk into them
25. laughing at someones laugh
26. Inside jokes
27. Reading an entire book at Chapters and without having to buy it
28. Superstitions
29. When your cat walks on your keyboard
30. Hold/elavator music

#17 (on my list) - When your friend says one word and you know exactly what they mean and burst out laughing

This happened to me the other day. My best friend, Zoe was blowing her nose and I said, "Remember" and she knew exactly what I was talking about and stated laughing. It was something that happened in grade 4 or 5 when we were outside and I really needed a kleenex to blow my nose. Zoe told me that her Dad told her when they were camping that you can just snort out of nose and then kind of wipe your nose. So I decided to try that but it didn't work out so well because I was just sitting there with snot hanging out of my nose. Sorry for making it all gross and graphic but between Zoe and I, it's pretty funny.

Okay, so that's my awesome post. I hope you enjoyed it!

Cheers,

Mega-Awesome Hannah

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! Thanks for the comment! You're so right about Tuesday with game shows and Glee, that's awesome! I just want to say that your blog is AWESOMEPOSSUM! It's AWESOME that you included your own list, that's so awesome! Keep up the awesome work! See you tonight hopefully for Hajer's party, if not see you tomorrow for Zoe's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Especially number ten "Laughing so hard you cry".
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! i especially love number 22!
    and yes, good memories!!

    -Anonymous Zoe :)

    ReplyDelete